I've noticed sometimes when using Mac OS X's color picker it has a clipped corner.

What does it mean?

Color inspector with clipped corner

1 Answer 1


I got an answer over Twitter. If that user posts it here, I'll delete this answer:

Usually means a sampled colourspace like Device RGB versus Generic RGB. Toggle the colour sliders toolbar button and click the little rainbow drop down to see the various colourspaces.

It came in two tweets, here and here.

  • Can you add a link to the tweet?
    – Cajunluke
    Mar 12, 2012 at 18:02
  • Good idea, done. Mar 12, 2012 at 18:06
  • Yes, that is the correct meaning of the corner. Since you found this, remember that you can answer your own question and select it as the correct answer so that others can benefit from your work. Good job!
    – soxman
    Mar 12, 2012 at 19:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .