Symptom: I mount a SMB share via finder, rename a folder and after that i cannot open any files inside this folder anymore. there's no error message, just nothing happens after double-clicking on file. Seems like a bug in finder. Anyone else experiencing this? It makes samba quite unuseable.
- the folder definitely gets renamed on the server, i verified that.
- it works under big sur or older (and did for years now)
- when i force-quit finder and navigate to the renamed folder again i can open the files.
- it works when i navigate via terminal to the renamed location and open files via terminal.
- dir_cache_max_cnt=0 in nsmb.conf does not help
- samba server is configured properly (debian buster). i tried to disable any fruit extensions and several min/max protocol options. nothing helped.