No, my question is not a duplicate of "Is fine volume adjustment possible in macOS?". Fine volume adjustments are working in macOS Monterey, just not for any Bluetooth devices. Edit: my question might be related to "Disable absolute volume in bluetooth audio"...
Steps to reproduce:
- get a Mac running macOS Monterey
- connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones
- open any application and start playing audio
- perform a "fine-grain" volume adjustment up or down by pressing ⌥+⇧+volume key (this will make the system volume go up or down by 1/4 of a full "notch" in the volume bar)
- the Bluetooth device's volume increases or decreases by 1/4 of one "notch" in the volume bar
- the volume stays exactly the same until you've performed four consecutive "fine-grain" adjustments (equalling one "notch"), at which point the volume jumps by one full "notch"
Really hoping that there's a fix for this, because volume "6" on my Bluetooth headphones is too quiet, whereas "7" is too loud.