Running Mojave (10.14.6), I want to be able to issue a single keyboard shortcut that will immediately put the computer to sleep such that (a) displays are off immediately and (b) a password will be required, even after less than a minute.
However, I also want a password to not be required immediately if the screensaver is activated by the computer sitting idle. (Call this requirement #2.)
What I've tried:
- Setting "start screensaver after" to 5 minutes and "require password ___ after sleep or screensaver begins" to 5 minutes as well. This solves requirement 2 but not requirement 1.
- Issuing the "sleep" command in Alfred. This puts the display to sleep but doesn't require password immediately after.
- Issuing the "lock" command in Alfred. This requires password immediately but doesn't put the display to sleep.
- Using the "sleep computer" action in BetterTouchTool. This works exactly like its counterpart in Alfred; no password is required if the computer is woken immediately.
- Using the "lock screen" action in BTT. This isn't working for me at all.