Is there a way to set up keyboard layouts preferences to have a separate layout for each window?
Use case described step by step:
- I use two keyboard layouts: English and non-English one.
- I often open Terminal, where I use English layout.
- And I often chat in another app using my native language.
- I am tired of switching global keyboard layout back and forth.
- I would like macOS to remember, which layout was last-used in each window.
Especially interesting, if it is possible to do with native tools or settings in Monterey rather than 3rd party app. Just like it is possible to do in Linux with a single click in Input methods settings.
PS: there is the same question here, but the answer is outdated. There is no such setting anymore. At least in Monterey.