I'm having an issue where I can connect to my personal hotspot from my MacBook Pro to my iOS devices, but I do not get any data. I've tried a bunch of things but no luck.
- My iPad can connect to my phone and get data just fine
- My MacBook can connect to both my phone and my iPad, but no data either time
- All devices are from the last few years
- Tethering via cable also doesn't work
- I'm not sure about bluetooth tethering as I can't get it to work. I paired with iPhone but when I now click to connect to my phone in the list of bluetooth devices on my computer, it briefly connects and then immediate disconnects.
I have tried various solutions from around the web including:
- Being on the latest and greatest OS versions on all devices
- Restarting all devices (it's persisted also through major software updates)
- Removing all wifi SSIDs that include the name of my phone from the saved networks
- Removing the wifi interface from my Mac and re-ading it
- Turning on/off iCloud Private Relay on both devices
- Removing other DNS, renewing DCHP
- Disabling my second SIM - the network I want the data from is the default network and the physical SIM
- Last night I formatted my Mac and still no luck!
It seems like potentially a DNS issue - if I ping
google.com I cannot get through. However if I ping
18.104.22.168 I do. In fact I can visit https://22.214.171.124 in safari!