Is there a way to change the restrictions passcode on an iPhone without restoring the phone? I haven't forgotten the passocde; I just want to change it.
Erasing the phone in iTunes will remove the restrictions along with everything else.
Per my comment, you can change the passcode for restrictions under
Settings > General > Restrictions
By clicking [enable restrictions] it will prompt you for password, you may disable it and then re-enter the passcode.
Reference as well here:
From Techtips at salon.com:
- Open the "Settings" menu from your Home screen, and then tap the "General" button.
- Select "Restrictions" from the General page when it loads to the screen. A page loads prompting you for a passcode.
- Enter the current PIN into the prompt. The iPhone will grant you access to the Restrictions preferences page.
- Tap "Disable Restrictions" at the top of the References screen. The passcode prompt appears again.
- Enter the current PIN. iPhone returns you to the Restrictions page.
- Tap the "Enable Restrictions" button at the top of the page. Enter a new PIN into the passcode prompt when it appears on your screen. Confirm the PIN in the "Re-enter Your Restrictions Passcode" prompt to finalize the change.