Is there a way to change the restrictions passcode on an iPhone without restoring the phone? I haven't forgotten the passocde; I just want to change it.
Erasing the phone in iTunes will remove the restrictions along with everything else.
Per my comment, you can change the passcode for restrictions under
Settings > General > Restrictions
By clicking [enable restrictions] it will prompt you for password, you may disable it and then re-enter the passcode.
Reference as well here:
From Techtips at salon.com:
- Open the "Settings" menu from your Home screen, and then tap the "General" button.
- Select "Restrictions" from the General page when it loads to the screen. A page loads prompting you for a passcode.
- Enter the current PIN into the prompt. The iPhone will grant you access to the Restrictions preferences page.
- Tap "Disable Restrictions" at the top of the References screen. The passcode prompt appears again.
- Enter the current PIN. iPhone returns you to the Restrictions page.
- Tap the "Enable Restrictions" button at the top of the page. Enter a new PIN into the passcode prompt when it appears on your screen. Confirm the PIN in the "Re-enter Your Restrictions Passcode" prompt to finalize the change.
I think you should go on restrictions on setting (general) and enter your current PIN then at the top it says 'disable restrictions' and there it goes!!
You must log in to answer this question.
protected by Community♦ Oct 25 '15 at 10:11
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?