I have the following MacBook Pro configuration:
- 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running macOS Big Sur
- 2.3 Ghz 8 Core Intel Core i9
- 32 GB 2667 DDR4 RAM
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB and Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
- 3 external monitors:
- 1x DP via CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock
- 2x HDMI via USB C to HDMI cable
For reasons out of my control I cannot install Windows 10 using Boot Camp so I am running Windows 10 in a Parallels VM.
I am not doing anything or running anything else in macOS. I turn the machine on, log in to macOS, and then start the the Windows 10 VM in full screen and all monitors.
Since I am exclusively using the Windows 10 VM I want to make it as fast/smooth as possible. So far I configured my VM like so:
- 2 processors
- 24576 MB RAM (24 GB)
- Adaptive Hypervisor checked
- 512 MB Graphics
- Resolution = Best for external displays
Is there anything else I can set/configure/do with my macOS host machine or the VM to make my Windows 10 VM experience better?