For the life of me I cannot resolve this issue. I was given a 2013 MacBook Air and upgraded it to Big Sur using my work’s WiFi.
At home it will connect only to the 5GHz network (it will not connect to 2.4GHz it says “incorrect password” even though it’s correct). Once connected it shows the green dot and connected IP, however no webpages will load.
I’ve spent hours trying things online such as:
- Restarting router/modem
- Deleting system configuration files in the preferences library
- Changing network options under the network pretences for DNS
- Forgetting the network and re-adding it
- Starting in Safe Mode - problems still persist
- Clearing DNS cache via Terminal
- Adding “new” locations
- Making sure time/date/region settings are correct
- Turn off firewalls and removing anti virus software
- Checking router blacklist & settings
I do not know where to go from here, the laptop works on other connections as well as my phone Hotspot.
Most errors in the browser window are “DNS_PROBE_... NO INTERNET”
When I checked my DNS via Terminal, there are 7 resolvers all unreachable and at the bottom under (for scoped queries) Reachable (126.96.36.199)
I have fiddled around with so many different “fixes” online and nothing has worked.
Any advice would be highly appreciated