I don't know the exact wording for this. But basically my external monitor is too big for a certain game. Now I want the visible screen area to be smaller so that the game doesn't fill out the whole monitor. I want it smaller with a black border. Is that possible? Thank you!

  • I think you are referring to "overscan" which is often used to scale smaller content on a TV to fill the screen. Some monitors/TVs have a menu setting to turn overscan on and off. Aug 4 at 18:41
  • Are you sue the game doesn't have some resolution settings in its options?
    – benwiggy
    Sep 4 at 10:32

If the Mac recognises it as a 'TV' it will have an Underscan slider in the Displays control panel; otherwise, you'll need to find the control on the display itself.

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .