Hi guys (my first post)!
I'm having issues with my CalDigit USB-C HDMI Dock. Screen connected to the HDMI port next to the Thunderbolt 3 port experiences random flickering or stuttering when MacbookPro connected to the dock came from sleep state. Flickering seems to be triggered by mouse movement, see video:
Here's how the issue happens:
- Recently started from reboot or OFF state MacbookPro is connected to dock.
- Close lid to use in clamshell mode
- Use dock with both external displays without any issue.
- Disconnect MacbookPro from dock, and let it sleep/hibernate for about 5 hrs. (maybe less)
- Come back to dock and reconnect (did both ways; clamshell or open lid)
- Flickering issue starts to show on display connected to HDMI port next to Thunderbolt 3 port
- Moving the mouse (or trackpad) seems to trigger the issue sometimes (see video)
- Issue doesn't go away until MacbookPro is rebooted
Things I tried:
- connected each screen to that one port and both experienced flickering (the screen connected to the HDMI port left to power supply did not flicker)
- Reset NVRAM, SMC
- disconnecting dock from power and reconnected
- Disconnecting both HDMI monitors
- "Detect Displays" in Settings
- Changed resolutions/refresh rates
- Mirror and un-mirror displays
- bought 2 new HDMI that support 4ka t 60 cables and the issue persists.
- new CalDigit dock unit (this is my second unit)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
- Big Sur 11.3.1 (20D91)
- x2 Asus Displays VP239 HDMI 1080p @ 60GHZ
- New HDMI cables that support 4k at 60GHZ
- CalDigit USB-C HDMI Dock
Any ideas what it could be? I appreciate your help!!!!! 😩