I'd like to disable my iMac's internal monitor, and just use my external monitor instead.
These are things I've tried/considered and didn't work:
- Set brightness to "0" - That doesn't turn it off, it just dims it
- ScreenResX - I don't feel comfortable installing closed-source software from random people. It also costs a lot for what I'd use it for, and is overkill.
- Brightness Slider - It doesn't work with multiple monitors
- DisableMonitor - Apparently is damages hardware? Also old/unmaintained.
- Buy a Mac Mini - They're not powerful enough
- Buy a Mac Pro - They're too expensive
- Use both monitors - That hurts my neck
- Leave it dim and pretend it's not there - If they're mirrored, the movement is distracting. If they're not, apps sometimes open on it or my mouse moves onto it (even if the arrangement is to only have corners touching).
- Put iMac under desk / on floor / turn it around / etc - That wouldn't work with my desk setup
- Cover it with dark fabric - This is such a simple request, it should be possible with software.