When I open 1-2 tabs with sites that have many images (e-shop as an example) the CPU usage gets to 100% for Chrome/Opera/Firefox.
What I've tried:
- Reset Chrome to default settings
- Disabled all extensions
- Disabled "Use hardware acceleration" in Chrome settings
- Checked task manager in Chrome. Couldn't find anything except that a process called "Browser" takes all the CPU (100%+)
- Run malware check on MacOS with 2 different programs (avast and malwarebyte)
- Run diagnostics after restarting MacOS
Looks like any browser with webkit engine suddenly started consuming 100% CPU on any site which has at least some dynamic content, maybe images or some JS or something like that. Basically any site.
MacOS version: Big Sur 11.1
CPU: 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB