TLDR; what can I do with an iPhone7 when the microphone doesn't work?
Hello! I've got an iPhone 7 with the dreaded "audio ic fault". The mic doesn't work so the following apps fail:
- cannot record voice memo, record button does not respond
- cannot initiate/answer a phone/Facetime/etc call; disconnects immediately upon answer
- cannot record video with sound; no audio with recording
- cannot stream audio over airplay
- [more to come...]
However #1, #2 do work when using the BT mic. #3 video does not respond to the BT mic.
The phone is 4+ years old, and apparently the micro-solder IC repair costs more than the phone is worth. So I'm looking for creative suggestions on how I can repurpose this phone. ideas?
- games w/o mic
- BT webcam with my MacMini