This has stumped me. Printing was working normally before.
I wrote a document in Pages with text, and one horizontal divider line. I printed it, and only the line printed. After that point, I could only print graphics to the printer, not text.
Printer is a Canon imageCLASS MF8080Cw over a network. Printing the same PDF document from Windows works.
- Print to PDF, then print PDF. Only the line printed.
- Save to RTF and open in Textedit, then print. Line was not exported to RTF, printed a blank page. Also printed from Libre Office, blank page.
- In Pages, changed text colour and font. No change.
- Printed a text chat. Emojis and bubbles printed, no text.
- Did a screen capture and printed that from preview. Image printed fine.
- Rebooted and tried again. Removed printer from settings, re-added, and tried again. No change.
- Printed a printer test page from the Canon print queue. Graphics part printed fine, no text.
- Tried to print text from Keynote, no text printed.
This baffles me. It as if a bug in Pages just made fonts disappear somewhere before the document gets sent out the network. It seems like there should be some way to reset that, but I don't know enough to know where or how. Any suggestions?