So I have external monitors set up like this (one vertical)

enter image description here

And as you can see I am only able to send a mouse to another screen via lower half of each sides. I want to be able to send mouse not just the bottom half but upper half as well.

Is there a way to this? I understand there is a keyboard shortcut approach but I'd prefer to be able to move mouse straight to another monitor.

  • 1
    RE: "I understand there is a keyboard shortcut approach" -- Just curious, what is the keyboard shortcut? I do not believe using the mouse only there is a way to cross boundaries except where they are directly adjacent. – user3439894 Dec 2 '20 at 13:15
  • Check this one: apple.stackexchange.com/questions/268697/…. – zcahfg2 Dec 3 '20 at 14:42
  • zcahfg2, There is nothing in the link of your comment that is a native keyboard shortcut and all keyboard shortcuts mentioned require the use of third-party software. In the context of "I understand there is a keyboard shortcut approach" you really should mention this requires the use of third-party software, because without it, one easily assumes that there is a native keyboard shortcut and there isn't! – user3439894 Dec 3 '20 at 15:09

I think it is a system limitation when arranging monitors of different resolutions. You can change the arrangement to be top aligned instead of bottom aligned, but when moving from the larger monitor to the smaller one you can only cross at the portion of the edge aligned in System Preferences: Displays: Arrangement.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .