A few weeks ago, I noticed that I could not add any new alarms on my iPhone. Eventually, I figured out what was going on:
- Whenever I press any button that launches a time-based radio dial (one of the pop-up context menus that has you choose a time or date), the app crashes.
Attempts to Fix It
- I thought this was just a problem with the Clock app (I just use the standard iPhone clock), but when I tested other apps that have the datetime radio button, like the transit app I use, the same problem occurred.
- I don't seem to have any other problems, other than this time-radio-button. No other problems on other apps, and the phone otherwise is working fine.
- I have tried all of the standard means of trying to fix something while in ignorance:
- reboot the phone
- reset all of the settings (that was a pain, but I did it)
- uninstall and reinstall the offending apps
- None of those efforts worked, and Google searching, I couldn't even find anyone who had a similar problem.
- There was even an iOS update recently, and after the update, the problem was still there.
Any ideas on what could be causing the problem and what I might be able to do to fix it?
My iPhone details:
- iOS version 14.2
- iPhone Xs (model #: MT9J2QN/A)
- 256 GB, with 214 GB free