tl;dr: I want to add my own .mp3 files (and audiobook etc.) to my iPhone SE 2020. After selecting File > Add to Library and selecting file in iTunes for PC, files are added, but nothing happens next -- i.e. iTunes for iPhone shows empty lists and nothing is synced to it. What am I missing?
I don't have a Mac and I am a Windows 10 user. I want to play on my iPhone 2020 a private (privately owned) MP3 file or files:
- an audiobook not purchased in iTunes,
- a MP3 copy of some audio CD / DVD that I use in my courses etc.
What must I do to achieve this. Exactly what steps should I undertake in order to transfer my private MP3 file to my iPhone 2020? To be able to see and play that file there?
I added files the iTunes way and that was successful:
- Installed iTunes app to my Windows 10 (newest official version)
- Opened it up and login with my AppleID (the same as used in my iPhone)
- Press Ctrl+O and navigate to a single .mp3 file
I also added remaining folders by selecting File > Add Folder to Library.
I have added four private (not purchased in iTunes) audiobooks:
- used File > Add Folder to Library four times,
- created four separate playlists, added them to one playlists folder,
- added each audiobook to a corresponding playlist,
- waited some long time.
And nothing happened on iPhone side. I still see empty lists and no sign of my audiobooks.
What should happen next? Are all my steps correct and in above described scenario files should appear in my iPhone automatically? Or am I missing some crucial step?
Does the fact that my File > Devices > Sync menu item is disabled plays any role here?