I have OSx Catalina. I have several folders and disks excluded from TimeMachine.
- I use Terminal to navigate to Downloads folder.
- I touch junk.txt
- I Enter Time Machine and navigate to Downloads.
- From there the Now frame shows junk.txt.
- If I go back in time, junk.txt disappears, yet all the other files still show.
- I expect that going back in time from Now frame, all files would disappear in all but Now frame.
Is this a known issue? I understand may be a "System Folder" but I could not find any documentation that states that this folder can not be excluded as well as it shows up in list of exclusions.
However, as comment below, if I peruse through Volume using Finder, I do not see Downloads folder at all.
Odd behavior. Partition is encrypted. Even without decrypting partition, e.g. Disk utiltiy lists partition as Not mounted, I am able to open Time Machine and go back in time as well as restore a file from Downloads. How's that!