I have a complex table in Pages 8.2.1 and several cells have equation objects in them. The table has gotten too wide and I want to rotate it by 90 degrees.
From what I understand I can't rotate one page by 90 degrees, but Apple discussions post says (to a question asked March 2018):
We assume you are using Pages 5/6/7 because you can rotate Tables in Pages '08 or '09.
I haven't figured out how.
I found this: Pages '09 Hacks: lInsert pages at landscape format but a) I don't have version 9 yet and 2) I don't understand what it's saying. I'm new to pages and this is written with experienced users in mind.
If I just select a table the rotation field is dark in format/arrange:
I saw a hack in this answer:
- Insert a shape near the table and change the fill to 'No Fill'
- Select the shape and the table
- Group the shape and table together
- Rotate the group
If you ungroup the elements the table will revert back to the original rotation, but you can still resize etc the table from within the group.
but I haven't able to make use of it yet because when ever I select a shape the table deselects, I haven't been able to group them yet.
- How can I rotate my preexisting wide table with equations in several cells by 90 degrees so that the rows are now vertical?
- If and only if that's not possible, can I make my table tall and make all text reenter all text and equation objedts sideways?