Apple’s own web page indicates how to Edit property lists in Terminal on Mac. However is there a way to guess/find out an attribute or a process that I would like to modify but I don’t know the existence of?
In the case of the Dock position, I would have had to:
- Figure out that such a
plistfile exists (in this case
- Then I would have had to find the correct
key(in this case
- Finally I would have had to find out the possible
values(in this case
downwould also have been possible).
Then the whole command would have been (or is, in this case):
defaults write com.apple.dock orientation left (then in terminal type
killall Dock in order for the change to take place).
- If I would not have known that the dock position on the screen could be modified with the Terminal command
defaults write com.apple.dock orientation left, would I have been able to figure it somehow out?
- Is there a way to find a plist attribute or process by searching say for keywords?
- If yes, how/with what tool?
- Is there (or could we figure out) some kind of a step-by-step procedure to do that (preferably in Terminal)?