I hate smartphones, don't own one, but have a 6th gen iPod touch with iOS 12.
I want to listen to music with it using AirPods without an Internet connection using the Bluetooth connection. I want to double check that this is possible.
Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
You don't need an Internet connection at all.
- iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS
- iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS
- Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS
- Mac models with the latest version of macOS
- Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS
It makes no mention of an "active Internet connection." You can play stored music without one and I've controlled Siri on many occasions when my ISP has had an outage. She obviously can't do lookups, but will respond to local commands.