Last year I got rid of two old Macs (one running macOS Catalina and the other with macOS Sierra, both were formatted in an attempt to reuse them for Linux).
In the process I removed them from my Apple ID via: Preferences - Apple ID - "Remove from Account" and they no longer had shown up within iCloud.
Anyway, today I was deleting an account from "internet accounts" and got a message warning me about the devices it will be removed from - including listing these two Macs.
Curiously, I added these accounts a month ago - so how would it ever get linked with these machines?
My question now is - how can I really really remove these Macs from my account?
In case it matters - they are with people I trust so I doubt I would be target of hacking.
- I have also confirmed on the iCloud website that these machines are removed.
- I have used the "deactivate all computers" function in iTunes last year when I got rid of the machines - it's now disabled saying "0 computers are activated".
- I have 2 factor activated - and didn't receive any unusual login requests.
- I got rid of a third (this time completely broken) newer Mac a few months back - but this one is not showing up (as it should).
- The deleted Account did not get removed on my iOS devices, they weren't mentioned in the warning either.