2019 MBP 16" 2.3Ghz i9 shows severe thermal throttling
- CPU Frequency hovers around 1.9-2.0 Ghz
- Power draw doesn't exceed 30W
- Max Temperature only 76ish degrees Celcius
- Exporting a 5min clip on Adobe Premiere Pro which slams all 8 cores
I've attached screenshots below showing just how much the new MBP 16" i9 throttles. I haven't really had a problem with it until recently... but there are 2 variables:
- Catalina upgrade to 10.15.5 recently
- Applecare service replaced the logic board
- Is it likely that the replacement logic board is not up to snuff?
- I haven't heard any complaints online (reddit, stack exchange, apple support) of thermal throttling lately. How does one test abnormal throttling?
- terminal output after running
pmset -g thermlog
- intel power gadget showing the aforementioned stats holding steady despite high CPU Utilization.