I currently have:
- 2019 MBP on MacOS 10.14.6
- 2012 iMAC on MacOS 10.14.6 (thunderbolt 2)
I am connecting them to each other using a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter, both of which are brand new.
I was able to trigger target display mode ONCE. Then cmd + F2 stopped responding entirely. Things I've tried:
- reset the PRAM/NVRAM on both devices
- cmd + F2 + fn
- every combination of the ports on each end
- booted the iMAC in safe mode (can't do it on the MBP; it's a work laptop)
- tried initiating TDM by connecting iMAC to MBP 2014, still no dice on cmd + F2
I've perused all the Apple support pages and similar stackexchange questions to no avail and now I'm at my wit's end. Did anybody face something similar and was able to resolve?