I have a script that copies a file from our server to the local machine. Here is the script and output
+ date Thu Jun 11 09:16:00 ACST 2020 + id -un root + pwd /Volumes/Macintosh HD/backups + mkdir /Volumes/Server_auto + /sbin/mount_smbfs smb://User:password@Server/General /Volumes/Server_auto + ls /Volumes Macintosh HD Server_auto + ls /Volumes/Server_auto ls: Server_auto: Operation not permitted
Ultimately I want to
cp -f /Volumes/Server_auto/Backups/Web/db_6_1500.zip ./db.zip
but I think if I can at least get a directory listing, the copy will probably work.
sudo this script from the terminal and it runs without a hitch. It has been running for several years from
cron without a hitch, it's only after updating to Catalina that the problems have started.
I have tried
mount_smbfsto the Full Disk Access list
- moving the job to a plist file in the LaunchDaemons folder
Everything works just fine except for the copy operation. Behaviour is identical under
This is clearly a SIP issue. Before I added cron to the Privacy 'Full Disk Access' list, I was getting the same error message when the cron job started.
Now, it's entirely blocking the external SMB share, but I don't know why or what permission to grant to make it work. The exact same sequence of operations, when run manually as
root, succeed every time.