When in my office, I want to disable the internal display of my 16" MBP 2019 since it's disturbing and uses extra resources.
The Windows solution would be pretty simple: WIN + P > external display only
I cannot figure out how to do the same on MacOS
Not a fix is
- Just turning down the brightness
- it keeps turning back on
- the monitor is still used and everything is rendered on two resolutions
- even though it's very dark, you can still see the contents
- Closing the lid
- I want to be able to use trackpad, touch-id, keyboard, touchbar
- Using a magnet
- couldn't figure where to place the magnets
I already wasted hours trying to find a solution and it seems to be such a trivial problem to solve ...