I have an Late 2012 27" iMac (iMac13,2) and somehow when looking in system report for the Thunderbolt ports say "no hardware was found.”
I have tried:
- Endless searching to find a solution
- Resetting SMC and NVRAM
- Updating OS to High Sierra
- Clean Install, deleting HD and installing High Sierra
- Clean Install, with 2nd level secure disk delete in hopes to delete firmware
- Updating Thunderbolt firmware 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 to no avail
- Tried to create a bootable installer of Yosemite to trick the machine into letting me "downgrade" firmware to v1.0 or v1.1. I’m almost positive that it's a firmware issue as the system does not see any Thunderbolt firmware.
This system was used as the heart of an audio editing project studio and is now completely non-functional as the two high-end Thunderbolt audio interfaces used to get audio in and out of this iMac are no longer functional.
What can I do to fix the Thunderbolt ports?