When I click a Youtube link in Chrome, it opens a tab with that particular Youtube link and starts playing.
However, for some strange reason, after playing for about 1 second it pauses the video. I have to click 'play' to continue.
For example, I visit youtube.com and click any of the suggested videos. It will open the page for that video and start playing automatically - for one second. Then it pauses.
Things I have already tried:
- updated Chrome (already using latest version)
- used Youtube with or without being logged in to Google
- removed all add-ons and extensions
- emptied cache, history, cookies, local storage, everything
- closed and restarted Chrome, with all add-ons and extensions and cookies and history removed
- rebooted my entire machine
All to no avail. I also tested in other browsers and it doesn't happen in Brave or Firefox or Safari or Vivaldi, only in Chrome.
What could possible cause this?
P.S. FYI I'm using macOS 10.15.4 Catalina (with all latest updates)