- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- macOS Catalina 10.15.4
- USB C adapter 1 (link): Hub USB C Ethernet.
- Here I plug: Ethernet, mouse (USB), keyboard (USB).
- USB C adapter 2 (link): S-Hub-9838 with HDMI/USB 3.0/USB C and power supply.
- Here I plug: HDMI for an external screen and the Mac charger
When I do not use the MacBook, the power saving mode is activated. When I come back to the Mac, I press a key and it wakes up. Here is the problem:
- adapter 1 works fine
- adapter 2 does not work anymore! External screen does not receive any input and the mac charger seems unplugged.
In order to make the adapter work again, I have to unplug and replug the charger to the adapter 2.
Please note that this strange behavior does not happen with the official Apple adapter (link).
What I need
I need to avoid disconnections when the Mac enters the power saving mode. Changing power saving configuration (e.g., avoiding the sleep mode) is not an option.
Is there a way to fix?