- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 16GB RAM with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB
- Samsung C49RG90 49-inch Super Ultrawide 1440p
- Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable
The official spec unfortunately doesn't have any reliable information about supported resolutions in external monitors because of this:
- I can currently run 3840x2160@60hz.
- I want to run 5120×1440@60hz, which is ~10% less pixels.
- Official spec says maximum is 2560x1600, which is literally half of my current resolution.
Since this type of monitor is quite new, I only see articles/videos using newer MacBooks.
Has anyone tried this yet or do you know how I could figure this out before actually buying the monitor?