I've got an older iMac running macOs Mojave. It is terribly slow and I am interested to see if we can improve the performance. Can you recommend steps to consider to improve the performance?
The performance issues I see impact the operating system and all applications. It's not specific to a single app.
When viewing the About modal:
- MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 (18G103)
- iMac 27-inch, Late 2012
- Processor: 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1GB
Looking at the System Report, I see:
- Status on Memory Slots is OK. Has 2 4GB 1600 DDR3 cards.
- Hard Drive: I have about 500GB of available storage on 1TB hard drive
Other than these basic stats, I'm not sure what would be relevant to help diagnose the performance issues on this machine. What information could I provide to help determine the issue? Thank you.