My MacBook 2015's MagSafe charger has two attachments for plugging it into the wall:

  1. a simple plug, which slides/snaps onto the charging block
  2. a loooong cable, one end of which can slide into the charging block and the other end has a plug on it for going into the wall

I would like to know the name of the second attachment.


The cable in question (pun intended) is called Power Adapter Extension Cable.


The 1.8-meter Power Adapter Extension Cable is an AC extension cord that provides extra length for your Apple power adapter. Use it with MagSafe and MagSafe 2 power adapters, 10W and 12W USB-A power adapters, and 29W, 30W, 61W, and 96W USB-C power adapters.

enter image description here

P.S.: The attached image is for illustration purpose and is obtained from the aforementioned hyperlink from the Apple Online Store.

| improve this answer | |

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .