- I have a MBP 2014 15" with all the latest updates installed
- I downloaded the official Windows 10 ISO 64bit (20 november 2019 update)
- I verified that this ISO works, using Virtualbox
- I got a new Kingston 16GB USB stick
- After a few tries I managed to get Boot Camp Assistant (BCA) to
- install the ISO on the USB
- copy over the windows support files
- and make a partition
- BCA chooses to format the USB to exFAT and the partition to NTFS
- It restarts, boots the USB using EFI and it show the windows logo for a while. Then it crashes with a 0xc0000225 error code
I've tried the process a few times, because sometimes it failed and the USB got ejected. Maybe the USB is broken? I've also tried manually formatting the drive and copying over the ISO / Windows support files manually. The resulting USB also booted, but with the same error code.
Worth to note is that my macbook might not be a standard 2014 anymore, since I replaced the battery and with that they replaced many other components (like the trackpad / keyboard).
Who can help me on a path towards solving this?