I want to play music from different apps on my iphone and output them thru macbook to external usb audio system.
My stack is: iPhone XS, Macbook Pro 2015, iOS 13, OSX 10.14.
- Free / open sourced / paid but cheap (no more than 20$)
- Can work via air (not only cable)
- Low latency (less than 500ms)
What i have tried?
Cable + QTP
For this solution to work, i need to connect iphone via lightning, goto audio midi setup, turn on iphone as input, open quicktime player, start new audio record without actual recording.
- Well, it works, that's awesome
- No external software – everything you need is already inside os
- Sound stream works from any iphone app (probably, but i tested many of them and hit is 100%)
- Cable only – wifi/bluetooth does not working
- Stupid bug (feature?) that fixes all iphone tapbar and sets time at 09:41 am forever
- Control volume in quicktime app
- Very big audio latency because of quicktime player (500ms+)
Audio Hijack app
- It works, maybe (didn't tested)
- No latency or very small comparing to quicktime (as reviews say)
- A lots of possibilities (see features on their website)
- External app that is with closed source and even does not exists in appstore
- Too much features with very expensive price only for that one feature i need (60$)
So, anybody knows any other solutions?