- iOS 13.4 (also affected 13.3.x)
- Carrier: AT&T
- e-SIM (no physical SIM)
On a recent trip out of the U.S. I added a 2nd SIM card and a local calling plan (Turkcell) so I could use my phone without incurring roaming charges. All was fine.
PROBLEM: When I returned, I deactivated that plan, and removed the SIM card from the phone. However, the iPhone retained the incorrect phone number formatting on the dialpad screen. See screenshot below for example:
This might seem like a frivolous detail, but it actually slows me down when dialing numbers "manually" since it always looks like I've entered the number incorrectly, skipped a digit or added an extra one, etc. I just want to get it back to the correct format.
Once I hit the green Dial button, the number is correctly formatted, so it's just doing this on the pre-dial screen. See below:
Thing's I've tried:
- Soft resetting the phone (Vol+, Vol-, then press+hold Power until it reboots)
- Changing Language under Settings > Language & Region e.g. from English U.S. to something else and then back again
- Adding / removing additional keyboards
- Turning Roaming on/off
- Turning Cellular Data on/off
- Disabling the cellular line under Settings > Cellular and then re-enabling it
- Calling AT&T and having them "re-provision" my phone
- Updating from iOS 13.3 to 13.4
Things I have NOT tried:
- Going to an Apple Store (they're closed here right now due to COVID-19) 😔
- Doing a full Backup / Restore of the phone
- The various "Resets" under Settings > Reset (was afraid to lose my stored passwords/WiFi settings but if anyone thinks that would fix it, I will try...)
Anyone ever see this or know how to fix it?