Once in a while Finder stops connecting to SMB shares.
What I've tried already:
- I have tried connecting to multiple shares (Linux, Windows), Finder didn't connect to any of them
- Connecting with an alternative client works. For example, Kodi media player includes its own SMB client and it connects just fine.
- Connecting from other running Mac works too
- Reset Finder settings by deleting
- Kill Finder with
- Add username and password explicitly into the Cmd+K connect to server dialog:
I assume this is a macOS SMB client issue.
This issue will go away with a reboot. I'd like to fix the issue without restarting macOS – how can I restart SMB services only?