The following problem is recent: maybe a few weeks. I am on Mojave on an MBPro 2015 with retina. it seems any video when played in FullScreen will cause the behavior described in the title. This happens for:
- Youtube when exiting while video still playing (always)
- Youtube when exiting when video is paused (frequently)
- Youtube when simply trying to switch back to other non-full screen windows - but not trying to exit Chrome fullscreen window: (frequently)
- Whatever espn is using for videos (always)
- I did not try it with Quicktime.
Here is Chrome info:
I have tried disabling hardware acceleration: that is simply a disaster - causing chrome to crawl (briefly) and then freeze.
Update This full-screen freeze is happening in completely different types of Apps: including Intellij - which has nothing to do with videos. This is something recent and is clearly a Mojave issue. I am on