Macbook Pro, 13" retina Early 2015, macOS Sierra 10.12.6
I had my laptop's screen replaced a couple of months ago, and I'm wondering if the bugs I'm seeing are symptoms of a faulty repair job? An SMC rest seems to work for a little while, so could it really be a hardware malfunction? And why would I have not seen any symptoms sooner?
Here's the detailed list of bugs I'm experiencing:
- The haptic feedback on my trackpad comes and goes. It's working correctly most of the time though.
- Occasionally the mouse cursor will continue to move itself after I stop pushing it, like it was lagging or something.
- Today, for the first time, the cursor was completely unresponsive. Haptic feedback, however, was still happening.
- After rebooting the OS failed to connect to either the keyboard or trackpad.
- There was a slight flickering/shimmering in the lower right corner of the screen that took about 20 seconds to settle down.
- I performed an SMC reset, and everything was back to normal for a couple of hours. But now the mouse cursor and/or haptic feedback is intermittently coming and going again.
Any suggestions? I'm quite frustrated at the moment, and worried that something worse is coming down the pike...