I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.3 and a Macbook '16 running macOS Catalina 10.15.2.
When I connect my iPhone to my Macbook, it is recognised in Finder "locations" but I do not have access to the files, videos, etc. in the iPhone from within Finder.
I have made sure that my iPhone is "trusted" by the macbook.
What is see is the picture below (and this is the only thing I can see):
i.e I don't see the following:
I have no idea why. My iPad works fine and shows me the files, movies, general tab, etc. But not my iPhone.
I have tried the following:
- Resetting my privacy and location settings on the iPhone. After I do this, I get asked to "trust" the iPhone again, but it still does not display the files.
- I have restarted the iPhone and Macbook several times.
- I tried this on iOS 13.2 before updating and it already had this issue, so I don't think it's a bad update problem.
- I have tried different cables. No luck.
- I have tried restarting Finder on the Macbook, no luck.
- The interesting thing is that Photos on the Macbook can detect and load photos from the iPhone.
- As I said above, my iPad works fine and shows me the files, movies, general tab, etc
- I made sure the iPhone is unlocked during this whole time.
- Even if not needed, I made sure that "USB accessories" is allowed access when iPhone is locked inside the "Face ID and passcore" settings menu.
- Airdrop works fine.