I am using two Spaces on my mojave and I can use Ctrl + Left/Arrow to change the screen.

But isn't there a way to use only mouse to change the space instead of using keyboard?


If you use a Magic Mouse, then yes! Head over to System Preferences > Mouse. You will find an option there to set it to a two finger swipe to the left/right.

For other mice, ususally no. Some mice, like Logitech Master support all kinds of stuff though with the Logitech Options. A workaround would be to set a Hot Corner (System Preferences > Mission Control > Hot Corners), then you don't need your keyboard, but it'll take longer.

| improve this answer | |
  • Mine is logitech – O.o Jan 16 at 13:51
  • What exact model is it? Maybe head over to Logitechs website to check if it is being supported by the Logitech Options software. But if its older than, let's say 10 years, I am pretty sure it won't be supported. – X_841 Jan 16 at 13:56
  • M100r, old one.. – O.o Jan 16 at 16:39
  • How can I check if it is supported or not? – O.o Jan 16 at 16:42
  • My quick google search unfortunately didn't get me any useful results. You can always just download the software and Logitech Options (LO) should tell you if it works or not. – X_841 Jan 16 at 17:53

I read in the comments that you are using Logitech, so with Logitech Options installed (install link here), you can set mouse gestures to switch Spaces left or right. You can also set the secondary scroll wheel of the MX Master 2S to do that.

I recommend you also activate smooth scrolling, if possible.

| improve this answer | |
  • I think I have to buy a better logitech mouse. – O.o Jan 16 at 16:53

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .