I spend a lot of time reading the "solutions" and no one was able to do what I want: Paste an image or photo in the middle of the content PDF pdf. Not just add a new page in the pdf with an image. And also don't use another app or software.
So here is the solution:
- Open your PDF where you want to add the image with Preview.
- Export it as a JPG with the highest resolution (That's what I did, not sure if it works with lower resolution)
- Open the image you want to add with Preview
- Open the exported file from PDF which at this moment is in JPG(is that clear?)
- Select the image cmd+a and copy the image cmd+c
At this moment you have 3 files open the original PDF(1), the exported JPG(2) and the image file (3) all of them with Preview.
- Paste the image cmd+v in the exported file JPG
Note: The image is pasted and has a square surrounding the image with dots y the borders to re-size the image.
- From the exported file JPG select (click over the image) and copy the image cmd+c
Here is where the magic happens:
- Go to the original PDF and paste cmd+v
Now you can erase the exported file.