2012 Mac Mini, still running High Sierra (10.13.6)
Has suddenly stopped reading SDHC cards (even showing the card is available). Things I've tried:
- relaunch Finder (via right click) - occasionally required previously, and has always worked
- wiping the card contacts
- rebooting macOS
- disconnecting the Mac Mini and cleaning the rear SHDC slot (with slim bit of plastic)
- verifying the card works elsewhere (Macbook Air)
- testing with a brand new card
- connecting an 8-in-1 card reader via USB and putting the card in that
- checked Finder's display external disks setting was set correctly
Nothing obvious in Console log. Disk Utility shows nothing. No card in /Volumes on terminal.
Edit: ~ 24 hours later it has started working again. (At this stage I think I still suspect something physical to do with the slot, as I was getting intermittent results with the external reader today until I tried a second one...) I'll add I've found ejecting cards can often take ages, but not consistently (and even when the contents are not being browsed in Finder).