I have an iPhone XS (bought brand-new, About section says limited warranty until 14 april 2020, the date I bought it) running iOS 13.2.3 When I took it out of the box it was running iOS 12 and I enrolled to iOS 13 on beta 6 and I kept updating betas when they came out. My battery is now on 90% of health which seems an excessive wear-off for 7 months. My charging habits are as follows:
- One hour in the morning via CarPlay (after being left overnight a bit over 20%)
- One hour in the afternoon via CarPlay (usually being between 30% and 70% due to the daily use)
- Almost never left charging overnight (except one or two times but definitely not something repetitive)
- Almost never left battery completely empty (as above, except one or two times)
- For two or three months I used a wireless charger during the morning and I ocassionally do if I use the phone a bit more
- I scarcely play games in the phone (say one or two times a month, while charging. The phone heats more than usual but it seems normal to me)
- I use my phone for navigation, calls, social media, photography and messaging apps, with some apps doing background work to upload photos. iOS backup to iCloud is disabled (although I back up via iTunes weekly or more frequent)
- I do not expose my phone to extreme temperature changes
- The phone averages 30 hours of screen on per week
- I use the original cable and two other ones that I bought from Amazon which claim to be "made for iPhone": one is Amazon basics and the other one is third party, the price made me think it is legit. However, I charge the phone the most while on CarPlay which is done with the original, shipped within the box. Those two cables are used almost exclusively on weekends.
I should mention that during a span of two weeks or so I updated to iOS 13.2.2 that shipped a bug which depleted the battery faster than normal (in adittion to the two charges, I had to add a third one in between because the phone dropped 30% overnight in airplane mode, which was fixed in iOS 13.2.3)
I do not believe this wear-off pattern is normal. Is there something in the listed above (which seems normal to me) killing my battery?
EDIT: adding battery info as reported by iBackupBot