When my emails reach a certain "age" I do want to keep them, but I do not want them cluttering up my Mail.app and taking up space on my server.
My current strategy is to:
- filter them by sender, then
- move all the filtered items to a working folder, then
- Export that folder to my storage device (it saves in mbox format), then
- Delete the contents of the IMAP/working folder
This does work to save space and cleans up my email client; however, it also:
- Is a cumbersome process, and
- Creates the non-indexable mbox format
Is there any way (method, or software) that will archive my emails on offline media in an indexable and searchable format? I would prefer to be able to search by subject, date, sender, sent/received, and content.
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.