After upgrading to Catalina I noticed that some sites were showing this weird text. It looks like the site is showing characters that are not supported by the font, but this is not just one site, it is on several sites and they are sites that I have been to and had regular english text before the upgrade.

How do I revert them to normal ?

hotchpotch  fonts

  • google chrome in that screenshot – fall3n Oct 27 '19 at 17:50
  • 2
    Please try Safari and Firefox and state in your question whether all browsers behave the same. – Tom Gewecke Oct 27 '19 at 18:30
  • 1
    Go to Font Book.app and do File > Restore Standard Fonts and restart. – Tom Gewecke Oct 27 '19 at 18:31
  • 2
    Also give us some example site – anki Oct 27 '19 at 18:31
  • well I did the Restore Standard Fonts thing in Font Book and so far I am not seeing any illegible text. I will repost as soon as I see it again, but it is looking like that fixed the issue. – fall3n Oct 28 '19 at 22:58

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .