- iMac, model has been verified
- Dual boot machine.
- HD is SATA
- Two partitions. Second Partition has Yosemite. First partion old.
I want to wipe first partition and install High Sierra.
- Download High Sierra and create bootable install as per osxdaily instructions
- Using option key, boot into High Sierra USB stick.
- While in High Sierra, clean and format first partition, as HFS+ partition.
- Install High Sierra on first partition.
- From articles online, High Sierra will not convert SATA partition to APFS
- Format first partition as HFS? I believe from several articles I will have option to install High Sierra w/o AFPS, correct?
- Dual boot will survive a reformatting of first partition? I come from Grub background with MBR, that's why asking question. My understanding is option key will allow booting to any partition with valid osx.
- Point 5 above, any confirmation from Apple doc?