Mac mail connects and then disconnects with no discernable pattern. Connection doctor just spins and says it can't connect to the server. BUT... if I am connected to a VPN then everything works fine.
New Macbook Pro, 10.14.6 osx.
I have tried:
Deleting the network related plists in
com.apple.airport.preferences.plist com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist preferences.plist
- I have updated the 10.14.6
- I have deleted and reinstalled all of the email accounts
- I have disabled all monitoring, scanning and filtering
- I have rebuilt the mail accounts
- I have tested with numerous VPNs and they all keep the connection alive or correct the error if activated after a fault.
The connection will work for a varying amount of time but typically no more than 15 minutes after a reboot. When it works, everything works great then it simply stops working. Typically the Gmail account will fail first, then the iCloud. The Exchange account never fails to connect. I had a POP account that would also fail but I have removed it to troubleshoot.
Everything works if I boot into safe mode.
QUESTION: What logs can I provide to help troubleshoot?