I have an Apple Watch and one if its most useful functions is that I can swipe up and tap the ping iPhone icon to make my iPhone beep at me. This saves my bacon 4 or 5 times each week when I misplace my phone around the house. But I can’t find how to do the opposite. I sometimes misplace my watch and I want to be able to ping it from my phone, but there isn’t an option that I can find in the Watch app on my phone. I also looked in control center and don’t see an option there. Is there a way for me to ping my watch from my phone? Or is this just something Apple didn’t think of?
Actually, there is a way for you to do this so long as you have Find My iPhone activated in your iCloud settings. If so, do the following:
- On your iPhone launch the Find iPhone app
- In the bottom half of the screen you should see all of your devices, including your Apple Watch
- Tap on the Apple Watch listing
- Now at the bottom centre of the next screen you’ll see the word "Actions" - tap on this
- Now tap on the Play Sound option
- Your Apple Watch will now vibrate and play a sound until you dismiss it
NOTE: You can also do this from other Apple devices, or from logging into iCloud from a web browser on any computer.
For more information, refer to If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen on Apple's website.