The MACOS Calendar.app's workflow is a bit counterintuitive.
You would think that it would add at least a default type of notification (called "alert" in MACOS calendar.app )
for each event... it does not however. You have to pick and choose yourself.
Here is a quick example:
- I had added one default alert, and
- I am showing adding a Custom alert in progress:
The Custom alerts dropdown contains 4 options:
- Message with Sound
- Open File
These let you do more than just a popup with a beep.
So, to recap the whole process:
- Open Callendar.app
- Create Event (for example click the + in the Title bar to Create Quick Event)
- In the right hand side customization bar, Click Add Alert below the Date of event.
- Create the first alert by clicking at None next to alert: label and picking time or Custom
- Add more alerts by clicking the + sign right of the last defined alert